Did you know you can use the new timeline feature to easily create spinning .gif images? This is pretty useful for AJAX loaders, and here is a simple way to create it.
What We Will Be Creating
- Create a new transparent image with whatever size, 32 by 32 is pretty good.
- Drag in your image onto the canvas, and hit enter to confirm the paste.
- Open timeline by going to Window > Timeline, then click Create Video Timeline. If you see Create Frame Timeline, then click the little arrow to the right and change it to video.
- Expand the layer and start key framing Transform.
- Drag the pinhead of the timeline to the middle. Then, go to Edit > Transform > Rotate 180°.
- Drag pinhead to end, and repeat the 180° transform.
- Go to File > Save for Web…. Then, don’t forget to change the looping options to forever, or else it will only spin once then stop.
- You’re done, now just hit Save….
Hopefully this tutorial helped you create a quick spinning animation in Photoshop and export into a .gif format file.