SimplyTest.Me is an easy tool, made by Patrick Drotleff, you can use to “Simply Test” any Drupal Distribution, Module, or Theme. As you may know it takes several minutes to set up a local Drupal installation, you may even encounter problems. Instead, you can use SimplyTest.Me which has many benefits over setting up a local install of Drupal for testing purposes:
- Speed: All it takes is a few clicks here and there, and you will have your Drupal install ready in less than 2 minutes.
- Experimenting: You can quickly try out any distribution, module, or theme to see if you actually want to use it in your main Drupal installation.
- Reliability: If your local web development server is having issues, no worries, SimplyTest.Me will be available online to use at any time.
- Mobility: Not at your local development machine? You can test Drupal on just about every computer with internet access.
- Testing: Under the Advanced Options, you can link to a patch. This patch will automatically be applied to the Drupal install. This makes it much easier to review patches.
Note: All Drupal sandboxes are temporary and will have a time limit of 30 minutes.
This blog post was created with a video, for GCI, to explain the benefits of using SimplyTest.Me over a local install of Drupal.